Elizabeth S. and A. Varick Stout Professor of Political Science and Economics
+1 (203) 432-5249
115 Prospect Street, Rosenkranz Hall, Room 313
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of California, Berkeley, 1974
John Roemer is the Elizabeth S. and A. Varick Professor of Political Science and Economics. He is a Fellow of the Econometric Society, and has been a Fellow of the Guggenheim Foundation and the Russell Sage Foundation. His research concerns political economy, and distributive justice. He is currently teaching Political Competition and a Workshop in Political Economy. Publications include: Political Competition, Harvard University Press, 2001; Equality of Opportunity, Harvard University Press, 1998, Theories of Distributive Justice, Harvard University Press, 1996.
- “Exploitation, Cooperation, and Distributive Justice” - Interview on Jain Family Institute Phenomenal World, 2019-10-24.
- 2017-11-10 - Janus Lecture Series, Brown University - “Socialism Now?”
- 2016-02-16 - MacMillan Report - “Sustainability for a Warming Planet”
- 2009-05-13 - MacMillan Report - “The Future of Capitalism”