115 Prospect Street, Rosenkranz Hall, Room 339
1(203) 432-5257, 432-3423
- B.A., Williams College
- M.B.A., Amos Tuck School of Business Administration at Dartmouth College
- M.Sc., London School of Economics and Political Science
- Ph.D., University of Michigan
He has written about the impact of trade openness on government and, with respect to the EU, the operation of the European Monetary System, the negotiation of the Treaty on European Union, Economic and Monetary Union, the eurozone crisis, the creation of democratic polities and market-oriented economies in central and eastern Europe, the crisis in Ukraine and, most recently, Brexit. His publications include “The Expansion of the Public Economy: A Comparative Analysis,” American Political Science Review, 1978 (one of the ten most-cited APSR articles published between 1945 and 2005); Globalization and Self-Determination: Is the Nation-State under Siege? (Routledge, 2006), edited with Gustav Ranis and Annalisa Zinn; “Post-Communist Democracy: The Impact of the European Union,” Post-Soviet Affairs, Vol. 23, July-September 2007; “Creating Market Economies after Communism: The Impact of the European Union,” Post-Soviet Affairs, Vol. 25, January-March 2009; “Post-Soviet Authoritarianism: The Influence of Russia in Its “Near Abroad,” Post-Soviet Affairs, Vol.28, January-March 2012; and Canada in the World: Comparative Perspectives on the Canadian Constitution (Cambridge University Press, 2018), edited with Richard Albert.
- Professor Cameron has a series of articles on the war in Ukraine that can be found at https://politicalscience.yale.edu/david-cameron-events-ukraine.
- Professor Cameron has written a number of commentaries over the past year on the continuing dispute between the EU and the UK over the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland that you can find at https://politicalscience.yale.edu/david-cameron-ireland-northern-ireland-protocol.
- 2015-09-30 - MacMillan Report - The Refugee Crisis in the European Union
- 2013-03-06 - MacMillan Report - Effect of Italian Election on Eurozone Future
- 2012-12-12 - MacMillan Report - Eurozone Debt Crisis
- 2011-11-16 - MacMillan Report - Eurozone Debt Crisis
- 2010-03-24 - MacMillan Report - Greece and the Eurozone Crisis
- 2009-04-15 - MacMillan Report - The EU and the European Economics Crisis