Remote Access - Zoom - Tips and Tutorials
Best Practices for Securing Zoom Meetings and Events
This video link describes the best practices for setting up a secure Zoom meeting or event. (CAS authentication is required.)
Poorvu Center’s online tutorials
How To Videos
- https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1237491832000577536.html (Bill Harder, American U.)
- https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/blog/online-meeting-tips/ (Abby Cabunoc Mayes, Mozilla foundation)
- https://twitter.com/kmftimm/status/1236874018877145088 (Kristin Timm, George Mason U.)
- http://www.hollyordway.com/2020/03/16/online-teaching-tips/ (Holly Ordway, Houston Baptist U.)
- Starting a new meeting? Test your speakers and microphone.
- Trying to add Zoom to Canvas and getting an error message saying your email does not exist? Most likely you logged in using your Yale email as a personal account. Just Register your email.
- Using Zoom for Class Instruction. (30 minute video)
- Pre-record your class and upload to Canvas. Use Zoom session for class discussion.
- Record your class, upload it to canvas and/or email to students with degraded internet connections.
Reader submitted tips and suggestions
If you find resources, or even simply one-off tips, please share! E-mail me at David.email@example.com or Tom at Thomas.Hallihan@yale.edu, and we’ll figure out a way to share them across the department.