115 Prospect Street, Rosenkranz Hall
- M.Phil., Political Science, Yale University, 2019
- M.A., History, Yale University, 2019
- Graduate Certificate, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Yale University, 2020
- A.B., Social Studies, Harvard University, 2015
Nishin Nathwani is a Ph.D. candidate in Political Science at Yale University. His academic interests lie at the intersection of forced displacement, gender, and critical theory. Prior to Yale, Nishin worked for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Switzerland, Lebanon, and Greece on sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) prevention and response and the protection of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) asylum-seekers and refugees.
- Benhabib, Seyla and Nishin Nathwani (forthcoming). “The Ethics of International Refugee Protection,” The Oxford Handbook of International Refugee Law. Oxford University Press.
- Nathwani, Nishin (2015). Protecting Persons with Diverse Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities: A Global Report on UNHCR’s Efforts to Protect Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Asylum-Seekers and Refugees. UNHCR.
Fields of Interest:
- Political theory
- Comparative politics