- Is it possible to count courses from outside the Political Science department toward my major? If so, how do I petition for approval of these courses?

Yes, if the courses had a significant focus on politics. To petition for approval of an outside course, please print out and complete the “Approved Exceptions” form and submit it (along with the appropriate syllabus) to the DUS Assistant (Rosenkranz Hall, Room 130). You must submit hard copies. You will only receive an email if your petition was not approved; otherwise, you can assume that it was approved. Your form will be filed here, so you do not need to pick it up.

If your petition was approved, the course will count toward the total number of courses you need. It will also help you fulfill your field distribution requirement. It cannot, however, count as one of your two seminars. Both of your seminars must be Political Science seminars.