I’m planning to double major. What process do I follow?

a. Review the requirements listed under “Standard Major” on the Course Info & Program page found at: http://politicalscience.yale.edu/academics/undergraduate-program/course-info-program.

b. Meet with the Undergraduate Registrar (no appointment necessary). The Undergraduate Registrar’s office is located in Rosenkranz Hall, Room 130. He or she can talk with you about the requirements for the major and where you stand toward fulfilling those requirements.

c. Pick up a Double Major form from your Residential College Dean. On your form (or on a separate piece of paper if you are still in the planning process), list of all of the courses you’ve taken in your primary major in one column and all of the courses you’ve taken in your secondary major in another column. Please also list the courses you plan to take that will help you meet the requirements of each major, and indicate that you intend to take those classes on your form.

d. As you know, sometimes courses are cross-listed with several departments. For each course, please list all of the course’s numbers (for example, PLSC 354/EP&E 250) and the title (for example, The European Union).

e. When your Double Major form is complete, you can submit it to the Undergraduate Registrar. He or she will email you when your form has been signed and is ready to be picked up. Once you have the signatures of both directors of undergraduate studies, you can submit your form to your Residential College Dean.