The Center for Biomedical Data Science, Institution for Social and Policy Studies, Lillian Goldman Law Library, Office of the Provost, Yale Center for Research Computing, and Yale University Library present The 2020 Yale Day of Data.
This event will be held virtually over two half-days, December 3 and 4.
This year’s theme, “In the Service of Data,” will highlight partnerships between researchers and the essential infrastructures and services across the university which support data-driven research, data management, high-performance computing, and statistical support.
This year’s keynote speakers will include Dr. Emily Wang, Associate Professor at the Yale School of Medicine, and director of the SEICHE Center for Health and Justice. Dr. Wang’s work seeks to identify the legal, policy, and practice factors that can improve the health of those impacted by mass incarceration, and she also leads the Health Justice Lab, which investigates the relationship between incarceration and chronic health conditions.
Other speakers and panelists will include:
- Dr. F. Perry Wilson, Yale School of Medicine
- Dr. Ellery Frahm, Yale Initiative for the Study of Ancient Pyrotechnology
- Dr. Forrest Crawford, Department of Biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health
- Dr. Pincelli Hull, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Dr. Smita Krishnaswamy, Department of Genetics, Yale School of Medicine, and Department of Computer Science.
Preliminary Schedule for Friday, December 4, 2020
11:00 AM | Faculty Panel
3:15 PM | Lightning Talks
4:00 PM | Birds of a Feather Discussions
Yale Day of Data is free and open to the Yale community. Registration is required.
Please register for each session you plan to attend.