DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
115 Prospect Street
P.O. Box 208301
New Haven, CT 06520-8301
The Department of Political Science asks that you read through the following notes prior to reserving a room with us.
- Cancelations - Sponsor will be charged the minimum fee ($60) if a room reservation requiring a monitor is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the event.
- Monitor requirement and fee - An event monitor is required for all events held or extending outside of normal business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Political Science will make arrangements for this service. There is a three hour minimum ($60 per event) when hiring event monitors. Each additional hour after the first three hours is charged $20 per hour.
- Audio / Visual Usage - all of our classrooms have projector capabilities, however only our basement classrooms come equipped with PCs. All other classrooms have connections but will require a laptop. The Faculty meeting rooms and TA rooms have no equipment in them. If you require a projector or monitor and laptop, you must make arrangements with Media Services @ 432-2650.
- Food and Beverages - Indicate if you plan to have food at your event. Prearrangement for cleanup is required for ALL events serving Food and beverages. If you plan on having alcoholic beverages at your event, authorization from the Political Science Department is required. Political Science enforces the guidelines set forth in the Yale College regulations on alcoholic beverages. Under no circumstances may alcohol be served to anyone under the age of 21.
- Custodial Services - To arrange custodial services before and/or after an event, including furniture arrangements and special cleaning needs, contact Custodial Services at 432-6511. Rooms must be left clean after use and all furniture must be returned to its original position.
- Fire Code - The Yale University Fire Marshal strictly enforces the maximum room capacity fire code and makes frequent, unscheduled inspections. under no circumstances will an event be allowed to exceed the maximum room capacity.
- Furnishings and Equipment - Rearranging furniture and equipment is any room is discouraged. Please do not move the items to another room. Lost, stolen or damaged furnishings or equipment will be replaced at sponsor’s expense.
- Building Access - No doors to Rosenkranz Hall may be propped open.
- Confirmation - Event confirmation will normally be made no sooner than thirty (30) days before the event unless the room request was submitted before the classroom schedule for academic classes held in Rosenkranz Hall has been entered into the database. All confirmations are sent via email.
ROOM RESERVATION REQUEST FORM
Please click here to proceed to the Room Reservation Form pages.