Graduate School Student
- Alexander Kolokotronis. 2021. “A New Left Teachers’ Union: Participatory Democracy and the 1970s New Haven Federation of Teachers.” Labor History. 62:2, 166-185.
- Alexander Kolokotronis (with Huseyin Rasit). 2020. “Decentralist Vanguards: Women’s Autonomous Power and Left Convergence in Rojava.” Globalizations 17(5):869-883.
- Alexander Kolokotronis (with Michael Menser). 2019. “Beyond Deliberation and Civic Engagement: Participatory Budgeting and a New Philosophy of Public Power”, in Meagher, Sharon, Samantha Noll, and Joseph Biehl (ed.’s). The Routledge Handbook of the Philosopy of the City: 183-192.
Non-Academic & Public Writing:
- Alexander Kolokotronis and Onyeka Obiocha. 2020. “How Higher Education Can Support Local Ecosystems of Innovation”. Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Alexander Kolokotronis. 2020. “What to Do Once We’ve Defunded the Police: Give the Freed-Up Monetary Resources Back to the People through Participatory Budgeting”. Current Affairs.
- Alexander Kolokotronis. 2019. “Municipalist Syndicalism: From the Workplace to the Community”. ROAR Magazine, Issue 9.
- Alexander Kolokotronis. 2018. “Three Ways to Design a Democratic Job Guarantee”. Truthout.
- Alexander Kolokotronis. 2017. “Retirement of Boomer Business Owners Could Leave Millions Jobless—Unless Workers Take Over”. In These Times.
C.V. (available upon request for more article titles)
- Participatory Democracy
- Workers’ Self-Management
- General Strikes
- Revolutions & Social Movements